Selasa, 07 Februari 2012
Vin Brulè...A Winter's delight!
Do you like this story?
Vin Brulè is a very popular winter drink in Europe, I must say. It has several different names, like Vin Brulè in Italy, Vin Chaud in France, Gluhwein in Germany and Netherlands, Kuhano Vino in Slovenia, or just Mulled Wine, as it is called in English.
This very old drink is a mixture of red wine (though I must say I found it with white wine too, specially in Slovenia), sugar and spices like cinnamon, cloves, star aniseed. It also has a citrus flavour into it, normally orange zest.
The legend says, as I heard, that it all began with people trying to make the wine (not very tasty in old times) more " drinkable", and I believe it. Europe is full of old traditions, almost every costum has an historical root that normally makes sense. Anyway, the Vin Brulè nowadays is really a winter treat for me, although unfortunately they don't make it very often in Florence....
Take a look at this English recipe for Mulled Wine that I found. It dates back to 1961 and seems quite interesting!
1961.-TO MULL WINE.
Cheers!

This post was written by: Korean Lovers
Korean Lovers is a professional blogger korean Addict, web designer and front end web developer. Follow him on Twitter



0 Responses to “Vin Brulè...A Winter's delight!”
Posting Komentar